Thank you to Erika in Bookventureland for nominating A Novel Glimpse for the Blogger Recognition Award. This award was originally created by Eve over at Edge of the Night.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above.)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How did A Novel Glimpse Start?
For a couple of years I toyed with idea of creating a book blog. I was hesitant because I know there are millions of book blogs out there and I wasn’t sure I would be good at writing book reviews. My “preschool mommy friends” (Our kids are no longer in preschool, but we still hang out.) from Mt. View Cooperative Preschool kept encouraging me and telling me to just go for it. It was after one of their son’s birthday party that I really began to consider it. Once I thought of the name A Novel Glimpse, I decided to just go for it.
My advice for new bloggers?
- Keep it simple to start out with. Get yourself going with a few posts and then look back and see if you want to make any changes. If you haven’t actually started your blog yet, have a few posts written and ready to go.
- Check out other blogs. Follow the ones you like. Comment on posts and interact with the blogging community. It’s a great way to make blogger friends and get involved in all of the fun memes, awards, etc.
- Link your blog to your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. It helps people connect with your blog.
- Email the link to friends and family and tell them can forward on the link.
- Be honest in your reviews. If you liked it, you liked it. If you didn’t, you didn’t. I’ve loved books that other people have hated and vice versa. But make sure to do it all politely.
- Have fun with your posts. If it feels like work, you won’t want to do it.
_________________________________________________________________________*Here are the 15 bloggers I’m nominating for this award.
jellieeebeansss @ NOM DE PLUME
Ellis @ Ellis Nelson Books
Ian @ ephemeralwriting
Kelly @ Here’s to Happy Endings
Pooja @ Dreamy Romance Blog
LJ @ All My Love, LJ
Ashley @ What’s She Reading?
Amy @ Curiouser and Curiouser
Skylee @ The Night Girl
Areli @ books and photographs
Annemieke @ A Dance With Books
*If you are not interested in receiving this award or have already been nominated and made a post, you can disregard.