I saw The Reading Habits Tag on The Ultimate Fangirl. Bianca from The Ultimate Fangirl invited anyone who wanted to complete the tag. I thought it was another fun way for A Novel Glimpse readers to get to know me a little bit better. Now, for the tag!
Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- I usually read in our recliner with my dog on my lap while my husband is watching T.V. Sometimes, I will read in bed before I go to sleep.
Bookmark or random piece of paper?
- Both! If I can find one, I use a bookmark. I’m not sure where they hide, but sometimes those sneaky things disappear! If I can find one I’ll use a random piece of paper, a post-it or a receipt.
Can you stop reading or do you stop after a chapter / a certain amount of pages?
- I try to stop at the end of a chapter. Most of the time, it’s on a random page because I’ve been interrupted by my daughter or husband or I need to do something else.
Do you eat or drink while reading?
- Normally, I drink water or tea while I’m reading. I have been known to read while eating lunch or having a snack. It just depends on the time of day.
Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
- Yep, both. If I’m home alone, I’ll put on music. If there’s something on T.V. I want to watch, I’ll read during the commercials. Or if my husband is watching something I’ll read and look up at times to see what’s going on.
One book at a time or several at once?
- It depends. If I’m reading a book on my Kindle, it’s usually just that book. If it’s a paperback or a library book, I’ll sometimes read a second book on my Kindle. I do that because I like to read while walking on my treadmill and it’s hard to do with anything other than my Kindle. Oh, and if I’m reading an intense book, I will read a second less intense book when I need a break from the stress.
Reading at home or everywhere?
- I read everywhere: home, daughter’s soccer practice, any time I’m waiting for something. I try to always have a book around.
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
- I read silently, unless I’m reading a book to my daughter. I read the entire Harry Potter series to her when she was a newborn. I really think it helped her speaking skills develop.
Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
- Yes. I have to admit this. If a book’s really boring, I will try to skip ahead.
Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
- Most of the books I buy are on Kindle, so I don’t have to worry about it much. I do try to keep my paperback books in good condition, though.
Do you write in your books?
- No. If I want to mark something, I’ll do it with a post-it. Then, I can actually find it when I want it.
So, those are some of my reading habits. What are yours? Leave them in the comments section or participate in The Reading Habits Tag and link it back to A Novel Glimpse. I’m not going to tag any specific blogs this time. If you want to participate, go for it! 🙂