I saw The Taylor Swift Book Tag over on The Candid Cover today and I couldn’t not participate. I love me some Taylor Swift. There is just something about her lyrics that moves me. Since I have like every CD (Yes, I said CD. I’m behind the times.) she’s made thanks to my lovely sister, I know all the songs. This is going to be fun, fun, fun!
1. For ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’ pick a book (or book series) that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with.
I was in love with Divergent. Love turned like with Insurgent. By the time I got half way into Allegiant I wanted to break up. The series changed in a way that I knew our love would never be the same again. I actually loved the ending because I knew it would be the ending of our relationship. I couldn’t bring myself to reconsile with the series to read any of the Four books.
3. For ‘The Best Day’ pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic.
Waiting on the Sidelines
Waiting on the Sideslines by Ginger Scott made me feel nostalgic for a couple of reasons. First, it’s about a high school crush. Who didn’t have one of those? Plus, there’s all the drama of high school. Second, it was set in Arizona. It had references to desert bonfire parties, ASU, and bunch of things anyone that ever lived in Arizona would understand. I went to ASU, so I get those things.
4. For ‘Love Story’ pick a book with forbidden love.
Vendetta is a modern day Romeo and Juliet story filled with mob ties.
5. For ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ pick a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love.
I don’t know how she did it, but Beth Flynn made me fall in love with kidnapper and motorcycle gang leader, Grizz. It shouldn’t have happened, but it did.
6. For ‘Innocent’ (written b/c of Kanye West!) pick a book that someone ruined the ending for.
Well, my friend didn’t completely ruin the ending but she made a comment about Nick’s wife Amy that had me guessing what was going to happen the entire book. She hadn’t read the book herself, so she didn’t know better. It was just something her sister had told her about the book.
7. For ‘Everything has changed’ pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development.
Losing your parents, going to college and falling in love changed Blythe.
8. For ‘You Belong With Me’ pick your most anticipated book release.
Untitled (Nine Minutes #3)
There’s no title, cover or blurb for Nine Minutes #3 yet, but it’s still my most anticipated book. Ms. Flynn said at the end of Out of Time that we wouldn’t get the third book until 2016. I’m really hoping it’s January of 2016. I need to read this book yesterday!
9. For ‘Forever and Always’ – Pick your favourite book couple.
More Than Forever
Right now, my favorite book couple is Lucy and Cameron from More Than Forever. They just get each other. Plus, Cameron loves the Lucy reads.
10. For ‘Begin Again’ pick a series that deserves a second chance.
So, I’m not sure if second chance is the write title for this but I think more people need to read the Nine Minutes series. The cover isn’t overly amazing and the description didn’t exactly draw me in. Honestly, I had never even heard of the series until I saw friends in a Goodreads group talking about reading the sequel. I decided to pick it up (even though I wasn’t totally interested) and read it in a day. It was the engrossing. The sequel was even crazier. Nine Minutes is a twisted tale chalk full of surprises. Everyone I’ve recommended it to has been enthralled with it and now we’re all screaming for book 3.
11. For ‘Wonderland’ pick a book that features your favourite fictional world.
I want to be Kate and Gus’ third best friend. I want to be friends with all their friends.
12. For ‘Last Kiss’ pick a series that you’re not ready to let go, even though it ended.
No, you’re not seeing things. I picked the Bright Side series twice in a row. Even though it was wrapped up nicely with a bow at the end of Gus, I wasn’t ready to move on. I’m still not. If Kim Holden were to suddenly write a third book (Keller — Please, please, please!), I would read it immediately.
13. For ‘Clean’ pick a series you’re glad is over.
The Twilight Saga
I’m not hating on the series at all. I actually loved it (with exception of the second half of Breaking Dawn). It’s just that all good series must come to an end before they turn into something ugly. I’m glad Stephenie Meyer didn’t try to drag it out.
14. For ‘Wildest Dreams’ pick your favourite fictional guy–it’s preferred but he doesn’t have to be a bad boy.
I know, I know. He’s not a bad boy and I picked him as part of my favorite couple. I can’t help it. Cameron loves Lucy’s reading! That is a major turn on. Plus, he’s sweet and supportive.
15. For ‘Enchanted’ pick a book you found by chance that you ended up loving.
I can’t help it. I love best friends turned lovers stories. This is one of my favorites.
16. For ‘All You Had to Do Was Stay’ pick a book you didn’t finish that you wish you had given another chance.
I just couldn’t get into it. I read a few pages and gave up. It’s still on my Kindle, so I will read it at some point.
17. For ‘Come Back, Be Here’ pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much.
You could actually insert any of Colleen Hoover’s book in this category for me.
18. For ‘Teardrops on My Guitar’ pick a book that made you cry a lot.
I could probably find a way to fit Bright Side into almost every category in this tag, but it truly does belong as the answer to this one. I have never cried to hard or so long reading a book before. Have tissues handy when you read it.
19. For ‘Shake it Off’ pick a book you love so much that you just shake off the haters.
Lol. How could I not say Twilight? Everyone loves to hate on this book. “The writing’s horrible! Blah, blah, blah…” Say what you will about it, but even my best friend that was an English major in college loved this one. (She might have been the one I was quoting, though. 😉 ) It got people reading that weren’t readers before. That’s amazing.
20. For ‘Blank Space’ pick your favourite autographed book.
I have a signed copy of The Deal by Elle Kennedy. I love her writing.
21. For ‘Today was a Fairy Tale’ pick your favourite retelling.
I love the entire Redemption series by Lauren Layne. Each book is based on a fairytale. My favorite is the last book in the series, Crushed, which is an Ugly Duckling retelling.
If you’re a Taylor Swift fan, consider yourself tagged!