The Christmas Songs Book Tag was created by That Artsy Reader Girl based on her love of Christmas songs. For this tag, you choose books that remind you of the Christmas songs listed. I thought this tag would be a lot of fun to do, so here it goes!
1. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”: Name your favorite bookish couple.
Kate and Keller. I love them. I miss them. I want more of them.
2. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”: Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.).
Ginny was kidnapped in Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn. That counts as away from home, right?
3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.).
My favorite Christmas book as a kid was The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. I actually loved all of his books.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“: What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
There are too many to name, but I would love Yes, My Accent is Real by Kunal Nayyar to show up. It’s one I wouldn’t buy for myself but want to read.
5. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Which book turned your nose red? (made you cry)
Bright Side by Kim Holden completely gutted me. I think I cried for the lat 2/3 of the book.
6. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: What’s your favorite book to read during the holidays? (re-read? or a specific genre?)
My True Love Gave to Me is a really fun holiday anthology to read.
7. “We Three Kings”: What’s your favorite trilogy?
It doesn’t matter that the third book isn’t out until 2016. Nine Minutes will definitely be my favorite trilogy. The twists and turns shock me.
8. “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”: Which character would you not mind being snowed in with?
Garrett Graham from Elle Kennedy’s The Deal would be fun to snuggle up with. Just don’t tell my husband…
9. “Last Christmas”: Which book seriously let you down?
Don’t hate me. I loved this book…until the last 1/4 of it. The twist made me mad and I didn’t like it. Sorry, not sorry.
10. “White Christmas”: Which upcoming release are you dreaming of?
There’s no cover yet, but as you could probably tell from the trilogy question, I’m dying for Nine Minutes #3 by Beth Flynn.
Which books remind you of these songs? I’m not tagging anyone specifically this time. Feel free to join in!
Also, The Artsy Reader Girl would love for everyone that does this tag to link up on her post here. That way she can check out your post. 🙂