I’ve seen a few blogger friends complete The Perpetual Page-Turner’s 2015 End of Year Book Survey and I thought it would be a fun thing to do before 2015 ends. I am apologizing in advance because I know a couple of my favorite books from 2015 are going to take over my survey answers! So, here we go…
Number Of Books You Read: 258
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: New Adult
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
I have two. Well, three really.
Bright Side by Kim Holden
Nine Minutes & Out of Time by Beth Flynn
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. Too. Much. Hype.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn. I had no idea I would love this book so much. I thought it would be too disturbing, but it wasn’t.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Yes, again. Everyone I told to read this that did was hooked.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Series started: Nine Minutes & Bright Side (again!)
Best Sequel: Out of Time (Nine Minutes #2 — Are you seeing a trend?)
Best Series Ender of 2015: Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness #2) by Claire Contreras
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
One? Here are a few of them:
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I’m not really a fantasy person, but I loved Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Seriously, people. Read this series.
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I don’t re-read much but I will be re-reading Nine Minutes & Out of Time by Beth Flynn before the third book in the series comes out. I need the twists and turns to be fresh in my mind.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The Sugar Skulls cover is even more beautiful in person. The colors really pop.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Kate from Bright Side. I think about her all of the time. I try to apply her philosophy to my life now.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Honestly, I could have picked any of the books I read by Amy Harmon. Her writing is beautiful and each book has a special message. I chose Infinity + One because it’s the first book I read of hers and it started my love affair with her novels.
And it’s Bright Side again. I can’t help it. So beautiful.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Did you see this coming? It was almost as thought-provoking as Me Before You by Jojo Moyes for me. Bright Side was definitely the most life-changing book I read this year.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Why did I wait so long to read Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“The Easter Bunny could have come down the chimney armed with machine guns and opened fire on the house, and everyone would have been less surprised.”
-Kelly Oram, Cinder & Ella
I have a ton of favorites. They’ve been posted on the 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenges and a Top Ten Tuesday post. I just chose this one randomly because it was fun.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: Tempted by a Kiss by Anna Durand (28 pages)
Longest: Grey by E.L. James (559 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Yes, these two again. The twists were insane. Oh, and…
My husband thought I was nuts because I yelled, “OH, $h!t!” at the end of The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Tyson Preeter and Cass Owens from You and Everything After.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I love the friendships between all of the characters from Jay McLean’s More Than series.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and The Sound of Glass by Karen White
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
You have my Goodreads Young Adult Contemporary Group buddy readers to thank for these two books hogging most of the questions on this survey.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Uh…I’m horrible at the whole book boyfriend thing. I love a bunch of different male characters. I guess if I had to pick one for the year, I would probably pick Gus from Bright Side.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
I loved Catherine Doyle’s Vendetta. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
All of Kasie West’s books are fun to read, but I especially loved On the Fence.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
Oh, man. I think I cried for the last 1/3 of this book. My husband was so concerned he asked if I should stop reading it.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The characters in Stephanie Kuehn’s Delicate Monsters did it. I can’t even explain it.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
I can honestly say I’ve never read anything like Marcus Sedgwick’s The Ghosts of Heaven. It was mind blowing to me.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn. The MC’s decisions drove me mad.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I dislike this question. It’s my first half a year of blogging and I have loved all of the bloggers I have met so far. I hate singling anyone out or hurting anyone’s feelings by not including them. So know that I love and appreciate you all! Your blogs are all amazing!
I am going to give a nod to the first four bloggers I met when I started because they made me feel welcome and included right off the bat:
And I can’t leave out a couple of guys I met along the way whose humor, wit and male point of view I have appreciated:
But really, I could have listed everyone I follow. I appreciate you all!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I can’t choose one!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I love The Broke and the Bookish’s Top Ten Tuesday. It’s so much fun reading everyone’s lists weekly.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Starting my blog and meeting all of the awesome bloggers out there!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Not letting it consume me and all of my time.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Well, beside my home page and about, it was my Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Would Be On My Syllabus If I Taught New Adult 101.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any of them, I guess. They’re all posts I put time into.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Bookbub! The daily deals emails kill me. I have gotten so many great books for free or cheaper thanks to Bookbub.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes, I reached and surpassed my Goodreads goal for 2015.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
I’m awaiting a ton of books but The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater, Never Never Part 3 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher, and Nine Minutes #3 by Beth Flynn come to mind immediately.
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
Same answer as #2. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater, Never Never Part 3 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher, and Nine Minutes #3 by Beth Flynn.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I want to read the books I already have on my Kindle. They’re stacking up way too fast!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: