I was tagged by Melissa @ In a Bookish World to complete the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag. I think I’ve done this one before, but it’s been a while so I thought I would do it again. Maybe my answers have changed. 😉 Thank you, Melissa!
1. A popular book or series you didn’t like.
Well, I can’t say I hated it. I loved it until about 2/3 of the way through and then I hated it. I didn’t read the rest of the series after that.
2. A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.
Okay, so not everyone hates this book, but there are just as many people that hate it as there are that love it. I’m in the love category, obviously.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
(Is it just me that sings OPP by Naughty By Nature every time I see OTP? I’m weird, I know.)
OTP: Get ready to boo me. I didn’t like Anna and Étienne St. Clair. No matter how unhappy the dude was, HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND. Ugh. It just ruined it for me.
4. A popular genre that you hardly reach for.
Again, get ready to boo. Fantasy. I’ve liked the ones I’ve read that were recommended to me, but it’s not a genre I gravitate towards.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
America. She was okay in The Selection, but I wanted to knock her upside the head in the 43 pages I read of The Elite. Yet another popular series I didn’t finish.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Sorry, Paula Hawkins. The hype around The Girl on the Train ruined it and possibly your future books for me. We’ll see…
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing.
I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s popular, but I truly dislike the whole student-teacher relationship trope. I know I’ve said it before, but some boundaries shouldn’t not be crossed. This is one. Maybe it’s because I’m parent now, but I have to trust teachers. No way I want my daughter pursuing/being pursued by a teacher. I don’t care if she’s an eighteen-year-old high school senior and he’s twenty-three. Boundaries!
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
I think I read my vampire quotient when I finished reading The Twilight Saga.
(BTW, I was double checking the meaning of quotient to make sure I was using the right word and this example sentenced popped up: “
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I’m digging Syfy’s version of The Magicians more than I remember enjoying the book. Not that I didn’t think the book was good, I just like the way they’re bringing it to life. (And I do have to admit I never read past book 1.)
There you have it, my unpopular opinions. Hopefully, I didn’t offend anyone.
I’m going to tag the following people. Feel free to ignore if you’ve already done the tag or aren’t interested in it.
Ashley @ What’s She Reading?
Claire @ Art and Soul
Carrie @ reading is my superpower
Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions
Dimple @ enthrallingdimple
Jesse @ Books at Dawn
Jordyn @ J.Bookish
Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts
Michelle @ Chelles Life in Books
Rachael @ bookspieandcoffee